If all the world’s a stage, then theatre is for everyone. Curtain up. Come and play.
Brighton People’s Theatre is changing the way we make theatre and how we tell the tales of our city, for our city. It’s theatre for all: theatre without boundaries.
In 2019 Brighton People’s Theatre is building a group of people who want to explore theatre-making with professional artists. This is an invitation to come along and try one of our activities. You can come to as much or as little as you like.
Read our latest blog posts here.
LATEST NEWS: We are inviting the 200+ people in our network of participants to come and play in an online creative offer to unlock theatre in their homes; where their homes are the stage and Brighton is the backdrop. At the end of the 10 weeks, we will co-create a short film/films that we will share online reflecting what we have made over this time.
We are running:
– Regular theatre workshops run by Naomi Alexander and Luan Taylor where we will play games and set creative writing, movement, performance and singing challenges for people to do in their homes and neighbourhoods
– Play-reading groups run by Suhayla El Bushra where we will read plays aloud and talk about the art and craft of play-writing
– Theatre clubs run by Maddy Costa where we will watch a show online and come together afterwards to talk about it
– A sound design workshop run by Melanie Wilson exploring sound in the home and getting people to create their own soundscape
– A lighting design workshop run by Prema Mehta exploring lighting design and getting people to play with lights in their home and neighbourhood
– A costume design workshop run by Rachel Owen getting people to create mood boards and design and make costumes