From 2017 – 2020 I worked with Brighton People’s Theatre as Associate Producer. I helped them raise money to set up and launch the company and develop a programme of work to engage with a range of adults in Brighton & Hove.
I helped them develop and produce:
– an installation to celebrate people in Hangleton as part of Brighton Festival’s Our Place in 2018
– Regular theatre workshops run by Naomi Alexander and Luan Taylor with games and creative writing, movement, performance and singing challenges for people to do in their homes and neighbourhoods
– Play-reading groups run by Suhayla El Bushra where they read plays aloud and talk about the art and craft of play-writing
– Theatre clubs run by Maddy Costa where we watch shows (online or in person) and come together afterwards to talk about it
– A sound design workshop run by Melanie Wilson exploring sound in the home and getting people to create their own soundscape
– A lighting design workshop run by Prema Mehta exploring lighting design and getting people to play with lights in their home and neighbourhood
– A costume design workshop run by Rachel Owen getting people to create mood boards and design and make costumes
Read their latest blog posts here.